Canadian Virgin SIM activation guide
See activation instructions below.
It is a relatively straight forward step-by-step process
NOTE: Do this activation process only two days before you will land in Canada. It requires a top-up to be added within 3 days of activation. Top-ups can be purchased at a wide variety of locations in Canada. You can buy these at a Virgin stores (see http://www.virginmobile.ca/en/support/find-a-store.html) or retail partners like BestBuy, 7-Eleven, Costco, Walmart, and London Drugs.
1. Click the box to say that you agree to the terms and conditions and click "Next"
2. Click “yes” that you are activating a prepaid SIM card.
3. Enter the SIM number
4. Enter your IMEI (if you don't know you can can enter *#06# on your phone to get its IMEI, or alternatively it only uses this to try determine your phone number, so you can use 860087010558340, then "Submit"
5. Select phone type and "Continue"
6. Select the area where you will be spending the most time, because there are lower rates for this area, and higher rates for all other areas
7. Choose a local number
Note: Write down this number
8. Pick a plan, it is fine to choose a "Pre-pay by the minute plan", without data, as you can choose a data add-on in the next step
9. Choose a data add-on, or other options you may want
10. Enter your personal info. Note you don't need to add an address, but if you do it needs to be a Canadian address
Note: write down your PIN, you will need it to login to your account later
11. Select "Pay with an account balance" so you can pay with a top-up voucher after you arrive... You can buy these at a Virgin stores (see http://www.virginmobile.ca/en/support/find-a-store.html) or retail partners like BestBuy, 7-Eleven, Costco, Walmart, and London Drugs.
12. See previous note, you will need to buy a top-up after you arrive
13. Confirm details and click finish
Note: Write down your number (if you haven't already)
After about 24 hours, you should be able to come back and login using your phone number and PIN you set earlier.
You may be able to add credit also, but normally only Canadian issued cards are assured of working.
As mentioned before you should have plenty of outlets to purchase credit after you land.
Note: there was a reminder on this saying that you must activate by a certain date-> this is 3 days after activation.