Having a SIM adapter can get you out of a pickle in a number of ways:
- Need one of those pins to eject your SIM tray (ear ring or paper clip also do fine)
- Want to swap out a SIM from you iPhone 5 to iPad or friends Android (Nano > Micro)
- Want to switch from your iPad to a hotspot device (Micro > Mini)
- Have a hotspot data SIM but need to put into your Micro SIM phone to receive the activation message
Whether it is an accidental break, an emergency battery outage or just a switch of devices for the day, the SIM adapter will have you covered. One critical component of the whole SIM buying process is SIM size, yet we can all get caught out - and that phone just won't work without the SIM fitting correctly.
Couple of extra points on why I stock these particular SIM adapters.
1. They are much sturdier than some of the cheap flimsy SIM adapters out there. They fit more into the groove carved into the plastic.
2. They have a clear back so you can put a dab of tape or glue so you can semi-fix the SIM into place so it won't pop out of place.
Small details - but simple functionality of this set will be well worth the $2 to have up your sleeve!
Got a travel tip? What is your favourite travel hack?
Written by Peter Cain
Peter Cain is the Founder and CEO of dataGO.co, a company committed to making it easier and cheaper to stay connected whilst travelling. You can find him on Twitter and Google+. You can also find dataGO on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and Google+ for all the latest info on local and roaming SIMs and data hotspots.